2014: The Year of Beale
Gregory K. Beale, Professor of New Testament and Biblical Theology at Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia, has been quite busy. His recent publications include:
- The Morality of God in the Old Testament (Christian Answers to Hard Questions)
- Handbook on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament: Exegesis and Interpretation
- New Testament Biblical Theology
- Revelation (NIGTC)
- Temple and the Church’s Mission
- 1-2 Thessalonians
- We Become What We Worship: A Biblical Theology of Idolatry
- The Erosion of Inerrancy in Evangelicalism
- Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament
- Right Doctrine from the Wrong Text? Essays on the Use of the Old Testament in the New (editor and contributor)
But he’s not done. In 2014 he has another 5 books (that’s right, FIVE) to be released.
- The Book of Revelation: A Shorter Commentary
- Hidden But Now Revealed: A Biblical Theology of Mystery
- God Dwells Among Us: Expanding Eden to the Ends of the Earth
- John’s Use of the Old Testament in Revelation (The Library of New Testament Studies)
- An Interpretive Lexicon of New Testament Greek
Anyone interested in the New Testament’s use of the Old Testament, New Testament studies , and Biblical Theology should seriously consider anything by Beale. Thankfully two of these forthcoming works are summarizations of his larger more technical works.
For those interested in diving into Beale’s approach, Westminster Theological Seminary has posted Beale’s 22 lecture seminary course on Biblical Theology.