God’s Lion in London: Charles Spurgeon and the Challenge of the Modern Age
Here’s the lecture given by Albert Mohler, President, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminar, titled “God’s Lion in London: Charles Spurgeon and the Challenge of the Modern Age,” presented at Reformed Theological Seminary in orlando, Florida on March 10, 2014.
Here is Mohler’s 10 point analysis:
- The modern age (MA) must be accepted as a fact.
- The MA is a challenge to be confronted.
- The MA is a great opportunity.
- The MA is deeply hostile to revelation.
- The MA is subversive to creeds and confessions.
- The MA reveals the simplicity of the Christian gospel.
- The MA requires evangelical definition.
- The MA requires a systematic understanding of revealed truth.
- The MA demands the preaching of the Bible.
- The MA will give way to something else.